Heavy Fabric Plaster
Provides durable protection
- Waterproof and robust fabric
- Extra flexible and breathable
- Super strong adhesion
The innovative Hi-DRY TEX technology guarantees durable protection in demanding situations such as outdoor activities, housework, gardening or DIY projects.
- The resistant and flexible fabric dries quickly and does not become soggy.
- The waterproof and breathable plaster membrane keeps the wound dry and protected from dirt and bacteria.
- The super-strong adhesion sticks reliably without leaving any residue.
The plasters are available as:
- strips in different sizes that seal all around the wound
- dressing length that can be cut to the ideal size
- assorted shapes to cover bigger wounds
How to use
Apply plaster without stretching, and avoid creases.
EXTRA TOUGH 12 strips
|26 x 76mm
1. How often should I change my plaster?
We recommend you change standard first aid dressings daily for good hygiene. Some advanced plasters, such as the Fast Healing Plaster that provide moist wound healing conditions, are recommended to be left in place for up to two days or more in order not to interrupt the healing process.
2. Is it better to let small wounds dry in the fresh air instead of putting on a plaster?
It is one of the wound care myths that keeping minor cuts and grazes uncovered and let air to them helps them to heal faster. The contrary is true! Research shows that covered wounds heal more efficiently and have a reduced risk of infection. Hansaplast products provide protection until the wound is completely healed.
3. When should I consult a doctor?
We recommend contacting a medical professional if:
- The wound is deep and causing major bleeding.
- The wound shows signs of infection such as redness, warmth, pain and swelling.
- There are embedded foreign objects in the wound.
- The wound is caused by an animal or human bite.
- The wound is in the area of the face.
- There is insufficient tetanus vaccination
- You have questions or are uncertain.
4. What if my wound gets infected and produces pus?
You should contact a medical professional if you recognise signs of infection – not only pus, but also swelling, redness, heat, pain, itching or burning. In the case of infection, the wound will need special medical treatment.
5. Does EXTRA TOUGH WATERPROOF stick to the wound?
No, it doesn’t. The Hi-DRY TEX technology and the extra strong adhesive ensure that the plaster sticks reliably to the area surrounding the wound while the extra cushioning wound pad is proven not to adhere to the wound. Thus, the plaster can be removed without pain and mechanical trauma and without leaving residues.
6. How can a textile plaster be waterproof?
Thanks to Hi-DRY TEX, which stands for a new innovative 3 layer-plaster-technology.
- The main top layer is made of an extra resistant and flexible fabric, which is water-repellent and dries very quickly
- The middle layer of the plaster is a waterproof yet breathable membrane that keeps the wound dry
- Optimal protection is ensured due to the extra strong adhesive.
7. What is so special about this new Hi-DRY TEX technology?
Hi-DRY TEX technology stands for a new innovative plaster technology. The only extra resistant, breathable and waterproof fabric plaster that gives the wound maximum protection even under the most difficult circumstances.
The 3 layer protective plaster combines a tough, flexible fabric that dries quickly with a waterproof yet breathable membrane that keeps the wound dry. The extra strong adhesive ensures optimal protection and can be removed without leaving residues.
8. What kind of wounds can be treated with this plaster?
When you are doing hard work with your hands either during your job or free time, wounds can happen.
In case of an injury special protection is needed to ensure safe, reliable and waterproof protection. The 3 layered protective plaster combines a tough, water-repellent, flexible fabric with a waterproof yet breathable membrane that keeps the wound dry. The extra strong adhesive ensures optimal protection.
EXTRA TOUGH WATERPROOF protects the wound in all stages of wound healing and prevents the exposure to external influences such as water, dirt and germs. Especially in demanding situations the wound should be covered until completely healed. It is recommended to change EXTRA TOUGH WATERPROOF regularly due to hygienic reasons.
9. Will the extra strong adhesion be harmful to my skin?
Due to the superior material and product quality the product is pleasant and convenient to wear and allows optimal adaptation to the skin. The extra strong adhesive ensures safe protection of the wound but at the same time is skin friendly and can be removed without residues.