Sterile Waterproof XXL MED+
Sterile Waterproof XXL: Sterile dressings for larger and post-operative wounds
Elastoplast Sterile Waterproof XXL wound dressings for waterproof protection of everyday larger or post-operative wounds.
With their waterproof, flexible film and strong adhesion, the dressings are ideal for washing, showering, bathing and swimming. The extra-large wound pad cushions your wound without sticking to it, providing high comfort during wearing.
The XXL dressings (8 x 10 cm) seal all around the wound to prevent contamination. XL (6 x 7 cm) also available.
Sterile Waterproof XXL
1. How often should I change my dressing?Usually, it is recommended to change Standard First Aid Dressings daily due to hygienic reasons. Some advanced plasters such as the Fast Healing Plaster that provide moist wound healing conditions are recommended to be left in place for up to two days or more in order not to interrupt the healing process.
2. Is it better to let small wounds dry at the fresh air instead of putting on a plaster?It is one of the wound care myths that keeping minor cuts and grazes uncovered and let air to them helps them to heal faster, however the contrary is true! Research shows that covered wounds heal more efficiently and have a reduced risk of infection. Elastoplast products provide protection until the wound is completely healed.
3. When should I consult a doctor?We recommend contacting a medical professional under the following circumstances:
- if the wound is deep and causing major bleeding
- if the wound shows signs of infection such as redness, warmth, pain and swelling
- if there are embedded foreign objects in it
- in case of animal or human bites
- if the wound is in the area of the face
- if there is insufficient tetanus vaccination
- and of course always when you have questions or are uncertain.
4. What if my wound gets infected and suppurates?You should contact a medical professional if you recognise signs of infection. This is not only the occurrence of pus but also swelling, redness, heat, pain, itching or burning. In case of infection the wound will need medical care and special medical treatment.
5. Which plaster should I use for larger wounds with my sensitive skin?
6. Which Elastoplast plasters are waterproof and water-resistant?
The Elastoplast Aqua Protect and Sterile Waterproof XL & XXL dressings, as well as the Fast Healing Plasters, are waterproof and will not go off while washing or showering. The Elastoplast Fabric range is water-repellent. The material keeps water on the surface where it beads off. All Elastoplast Water Resistant plasters as well as the Junior plasters are water-resistant.