Aqua Protect XL MED+Write your review
For larger and post-operative wounds
- Waterproof film – ideal for washing, showering, bathing and swimming
- Highly absorbent, non-stick wound pad
- Protects from infection
Aqua Protect XL: Sterile dressings for larger and post-operative wounds
With their waterproof, flexible film and strong adhesion, the dressings are ideal for washing, showering, bathing and swimming. The extra-large wound pad cushions your wound without sticking to it, providing high comfort during wearing.
The XL dressings (6 x 7 cm) seal all around the wound to prevent contamination. XL (8 x 10 cm) also available.
How to use
Cleansing the wound from dirt and bacteria is an essential first step to enable optimal healing. To prevent wound infections, spray the Elastoplast Wound Spray from a distance of approximately 10cm onto the entire wound area. Repeat if necessary, then gently dry the wound and surrounding skin area with a sterile compress.
Important: A minor wound will soon stop bleeding. If it continues, apply more gauze pads, keep pressure on the wound and seek medical advice.
Next, it’s important to protect the wound from external influences like dirt and bacteria to enable undisturbed healing. Cover your wound with a sterile wound dressing that best suits your needs. Observe your wound and change the plaster or dressing daily unless you’ve been recommended to do otherwise by your doctor. You might find this wound dressing know-how article useful.
Help your wound heal safely, quickly and with a lower risk of scarring. Apply Elastoplast Wound Healing Ointment regularly until your wound has healed completely. Carefully apply a thin film one to two times per day. Make sure the opening of the tube does not get in contact with your wound. Repeat regularly until the healing is completed. The Elastoplast Wound Healing Ointment can be used on open minor superficial wounds and at any stage of the healing process. If necessary, cover the wound with a plaster, dressing or compress. If your wound is post-operative, please consider that step optionally and only when your wound is closed.
How to treat a post-operative wound
|Aqua Protect XL
||6 x 7 cm
- 1. How often should I change my dressing?
- Usually, it is recommended to change Standard First Aid Dressings daily due to hygienic reasons. Some advanced plasters such as the Fast Healing Plaster that provide moist wound healing conditions are recommended to be left in place for up to two days or more in order not to interrupt the healing process.
- 2. Is it better to let small wounds dry at the fresh air instead of putting on a plaster?
- It is one of the wound care myths that keeping minor cuts and grazes uncovered and let air to them helps them to heal faster, however the contrary is true! Research shows that covered wounds heal more efficiently and have a reduced risk of infection. Elastoplast products provide protection until the wound is completely healed.
- 3. When should I consult a doctor?
We recommend contacting a medical professional under the following circumstances:
- if the wound is deep and causing major bleeding
- if the wound shows signs of infection such as redness, warmth, pain and swelling
- if there are embedded foreign objects in it
- in case of animal or human bites
- if the wound is in the area of the face
- if there is insufficient tetanus vaccination
- and of course always when you have questions or are uncertain.
- 4. What if my wound gets infected and suppurates?
- You should contact a medical professional if you recognise signs of infection. This is not only the occurrence of pus but also swelling, redness, heat, pain, itching or burning. In case of infection the wound will need medical care and special medical treatment.
- 5. Which plaster should I use for larger wounds with my sensitive skin?
- If you have sensitive skin, we recommend using the Elastoplast Sensitive XL / XXL MED+, which is extra skin friendly and also suitable for post-operative wounds.
- 6. Which Elastoplast plasters are waterproof and water-resistant?
The Elastoplast Aqua Protect and Aqua Protect XL & XXL dressings, as well as the Fast Healing Plasters, are waterproof and will not go off while washing or showering. The Elastoplast Fabric range is water-repellent. The material keeps water on the surface where it beads off. All Elastoplast Water Resistant plasters as well as the Junior plasters are water-resistant.