What is moist wound healing?
How can moist wound healing help to heal wounds faster and beautifully?
- enable most favourable conditions for wound closure (epithelisation), the formation of new tissue and the immune system
- let the healing process remain undisturbed and ensure faster healing
- prevent scab formation to optimize cell migration and reduce the likelihood of scarring
Moist wound therapy helps to create and maintain optimal conditions for wound healing and cell growth. The wound exudate acts as a transport medium for many bioactive molecules that ensure new tissue to form co-ordinately. Cells will grow, divide and migrate at an increased rate to optimize the wound healing process.
2. Faster healing
Clinical studies prove that the wound healing process is faster in a moist wound environment*.* Wigger-Alberti W et al., Journal of Wound Care 2009; 18(5):208-14
As optimum wound conditions are created, the pace of cell growth and the formation of new tissue is increased. This speeds up wound healing by up to 50%!
3. Prevention of scarring and assurance beautiful healingIn a moist environment, scabs are prevented, which inhibit the formation of new tissue. If wounds heal without scabs and the wound healing process remains undisturbed, the likelihood of scarring is decreased and results in improved cosmetic results.
What is it?
The wound pad already contains Healing Cream, developed with the know-how of Beiersdorf research and in collaboration with the Eucerin research laboratory*. The healing cream contains Vaseline, Paraffin liquid, Paraffin solid and Lanolin and is fragrance-free, preservative-free and very skin-friendly. The Healing Cream supports moist wound healing which enables faster and superior healing results. It is recommended by dermatologists worldwide and its efficacy has been clinically proven**.
* Mills OH et al. Journal of New Developments in Clinical Medicine. 1993:151-6.
** Kuhlmann M et al. Poster presented EADV 2009, Berlin, Germany
How does it help?
The Elastoplast Plaster with Healing Cream is the first plaster that offers a convenient 1step solution and combines proper wound treatment with convenience. The healing cream creates a protective layer enabling optimal moist wound healing conditions for improved healing. Given these conditions, the wound healing is accelerated; the healing process is supported better than with an ordinary bandage and the likelihood of scarring is reduced.