What is a scratch?
Treatment for scratches in three easy steps
1. CLEANSEA clean and cleansed wound is the first step to optimal healing. After stopping the bleeding, cleanse your scratch from dirt, bacteria and visible particles with the Elastoplast Wound Spray to prevent infections.
2. PROTECTNext, cover the wound to protect it from dirt and bacteria and to enable undisturbed healing. Gently dry the surrounding skin and cover your scratch with a plaster, sterile wound dressing or compress from Elastoplast.
3. HEALApply a thin layer of Elastoplast Wound Healing Ointment to your scratch once or twice per day to promote fast healing and reduce the risk of scarring.
How long does it take for scratches to heal?
How to treat scratches on the face?
Cat scratch wound healing and cat scratch disease
- What is cat scratch disease?
Cat scratch disease (CSD) or Cat Scratch Fever can be transmitted by infected cats through scratches or bites. It affects about 1 in 10,000 people and occurs most often in children, typically developing between 3 and 14 days after the injury occurred.
- What at the symptoms of cat scratch disease?
Symptoms of cat scratch disease can vary but some of the more common symptoms include:
- A low-grade fever
- Decreased appetite
- Swollen lymph nodes on the side of the body the cat scratch is
- Cat Scratch Treatment
- The illness is usually harmless and generally subsides on its own, without the need for treatment, but in very rare cases more serious complications can arise and you may require antibiotics.
- Why does my cat scratch itch?
- Little swelling and itching is a normal part of your body’s natural response to the wound and does not necessarily imply an infection. However, if you develop symptoms such as fever, or the itch persists for more than a few days, please consult a doctor.
Although compiled with great care, please note that the tips and advice given on this website by no means substitute medical advice and treatment. If you have or suspect a health problem, consult a doctor and follow medical advice regardless of what you have learned on this website.
Always read carefully and follow the instructions for use or the leaflets of our products. For further information about our products, please contact us via email at Elastoplast@Beiersdorf.com